Statement of purpose
Health and Social Care Act 2008
Full name, business address, telephone number and email address of the registered provider:
Name Sarah Hepburn
Address line 1 17 Park Place
Address line 2
Post code SG1 1DU
Main telephone 01438-765390
Where this is an updated version of the statement of purpose, please provide the service provider and registered manager ID numbers:
Service provider ID
Registered manager ID
Aims and objectives
What do you wish to achieve by providing regulated activities?
How will your service help the people who use your services?
Please use the numbered bullet points:
1. To promote good oral health to all patients attending our practice for care and advice.
2. To provide high quality orthodontic care, including periodic examinations and treatment, where required.
3. To understand and meet the needs of our patients, involve them in decisions about their care and encourage them to participate fully.
4. To involve other professionals in the care of our patients, where this is in the patient’s interests for example, referral for specialist care and advice.
5. To participate in local initiatives to promote the benefits of general and oral health to the wider population.
6. To ensure that all members of our team have the right skills and training to carry out their duties competently and with confidence.
7. To ensure an awareness of current national guidelines affecting the way we care for our patients.
Tick the relevant box and provide the information requested for the type of provider you are:
Individual • YES
List the names of all partners
Limited liability partnership registered as an organisation •
Incorporated organisation •
Please repeat the following table for each of your regulated activities1
Regulated activity 1
Treatment of disease, disorder and injury
Services • orthodontic assessment and treatment
Regulated activity 2
Services • Insertion of Orthodontic Temporary Anchorage Devices
Regulated activity 3
Services • diagnosis of dental disease including caries, periodontal disease and malocclusion
• photographs, study models and radiographs – taking and diagnosing,
• soft tissue screening
As listed on your certificate of registration. Please repeat the section below for each location for this regulated activity
Name of location As above
Address line 1
Address line 2
Address line 3
Address line 4
Address line 5
Brief description of location
• The premises are located on the 2nd Floor of 17 Park Place which is conveniently located for parking and public transport.
• The premises are equipped with an induction loop for the hearing impaired and we have access to remote translation services.
• As there is no lift in the building, the premises are not suitable for wheelchairs or those who cannot use stairs. Assistance is available to access our services e.g. members are staff are happy to help parents carry prams or pushchairs up the stairs to the clinic and will bring printed materials (including copies of patient photographs and radiographs) for treatment planning discussions (in a ground floor location in the building once privacy is ensured) with parents/guardians who are unable to use stairs. Patients/parents who are unable to use stairs are offered the choice of referral onwards to an orthodontic practice with disabled access or to be seen/treated by our team at a local general dental practice (with whom we have secured arrangements for this purpose) that is located on the ground floor and therefore has disabled access and which is a 4 minute walk from our location.
No of approved places/beds
(not NHS) N/A
Name and contact details of registered manager(s)
Full name, business address, telephone number and email address of each registered manager.
For each registered manager, state which regulated activities and locations(s) they manage.
Copy and paste the sub-section if they are more registered managers
Registered manager 1
Full name: N/A
Proportion of working time spent at each location (for job share posts only):
Service user band(s) at this location
Learning disabilities or autistic spectrum disorder •
Older people •
Younger adults •
Children 0-3 years •
Children 4-12 years •
Children 13-18 years •
Mental health •
Physical disability •
Sensory impairment •
People detained under the Mental Health Act •
People who misuse drugs and alcohol •
People with an eating disorder •
Whole population •YES
None of the above
Please give details: